Monday, September 27, 2010

MAKEUP IS FOR REAL!

When I first started working in the event planning industry, I didn't really knoweverything that it would take to be successful in the relationship.  There were certain things I was good at and certain things I was passionate about.  Those were the things that were going to make me a fabulous event planner.  As time goes by you learn that this business is exactly that....a business.  You have to learn how to run a successful business and in that you have to build successful business relationship

Being a person that is sincere and serious about my craft, I always enjoy meeting others in the industry that feel the same way about what they do.  One of those people is Audrey Ortega.  She is a Makeup artist in the LA area and her company is called beauty by Audrey.  I have worked with her a few times and I believe her look is very unique.  Having begun her career working in plastic surgery consultation, she is very familiar with various skin types and educated on so much more than just make up!  She has a fantastic ability to be professional yet make makeup fun.  It is her passion and she can tell.  So when Audrey's decided to do a commercial to promote Beauty by Audrey, I jumped at the opportunity to be the organizer of her recent commercial.  In doing so, I had the opportunity to work with director Ronisa Wilkins Shoate.  Ronisa's latest documentary was recently accepted into the LA Femme Film Festival  (http://www.lafemme.org/) and the opportunity to expand my portfolio by working on a commercial.  Mostly, it was a great opportunity for me to see Audrey's work first hand in a relaxed environment.  When you work with a makeup artist on weddings or even red carpet events, there isn't much opportunity to see them in the midst of a project.  Generally, you only get to see the end result.  In working on this commercial with Audrey, I was able to see her work from beginning to end.
Perfection Squared has taught me a lot. One thing I have learned is that not every individual works for every client.  That is why I am lucky to have the opportunity to work with lots of different artist, vendors and other professionals.  This exposure also gives me the opportunity to refer these various professionals to clients seeking someone with their background.  For now, I think Audrey Ortega is one to watch.

So, if you are Southern California bride, Model or someone looking for a makeup artist that is not only fun but professional, you should definitely check out her portfolio. 

Check out her commercial at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNYxEpbsPak

No comments: