Wednesday, May 5, 2010

BRIDAL SHOPS & MY GREAT NEW FIND

Since we do events all over Southern California, I am always taking the time to do my research and form relationships with the various vendors.  The ones I would like to talk about today are that fabulous group that produce wedding gowns.  In San Diego one of my favorite bridal gown shops is Bliss Bride.  It is located in the Flower Hill Promenade in Del Mar.  It is co-owned by Jennifer Sinopoli & Anne Davis and it is an adorable little shop.  However, that isn't all that makes it such a shopping experience.  They are very connected to their industry and extremely knowledgeable as well.  They take time with each bride, their family and their friends.  Having both been blissful brides themselves, they know exactly what most brides are looking for their special day.

Then I found another place that caught my eye.  On Monday May 3, 2010, I attended a bridal event at the London Hotel in West Hollywood.  This is one of the ways I stay connected to what is going on in the industry.  I try to attend these events at least a couple of times a year.  It gives me the chance to see what is new in the industry so that I can continue to deliver what my clients need and expect.  Staying connected is what helps me produce beautiful and new innovative events.  They caught my eye not because of the shop but because of the dresses.


Not only did this event give me a reason to get back to the London Hotel in West Hollywood, it gave me an opportunity to see a designer I have heard of but not experienced first hand.  I loved seeing the dresses on actual models and both of the dresses I fell in love with were all silk.  I have posted the photos of both of them here in the blog.  I was so impressed with the detail that I knew I would want to explore this shop more.

The name of the bridal studio is Jobyna's Bridal and Tuxedo.  I have not had the opportunity to actually visit the store but I plan to very soon.  I was actually able to bring home a DVD from the event so I could get more information about the designs of of Jobyna's Bridal by Ines Di Santo.

Jobyna's has quite a few trunk shows coming up and even a couple's night out in June.  As an event planner I really enjoy trunk shows and I think it is a great chance for new brides to see what is out there before they start their fittings.  In planning weddings, I sincerely enjoy educating myself about the designs and what dresses work best with what body type.  When I plan a wedding, I want to make sure I always have as much information for the couple as possible.  That information includes, wedding dresses, wedding fashions, fabrics and accessories.

If you would like more information about either shop check them out at:

Bliss Bride
2710 Via De La Valle
Del Mar, CA 92014-1910
858.847.3115
Jobyna's Bridal
3325 Verdugo Road
Glendale, CA 91208
818.248.0026

No comments: