Tuesday, April 13, 2010

THE CLASSIC LITTLE BLACK DRESS

What event would be complete without your little black dress.  I am not exactly sure when The Little Black Dress made its debut as the definitive identity of chic.  I do know that it in fact has.  The Little Black Dress or as we would like to refer to as the LBD is a dress to be worn on any occasion that defines your inner Jackie O.  Depending on the dress, you can dress it up or you can dress it down.  You can make it formal or you can wear it out to dinner.  Whatever the case the LBD is not only classic, it is feminine and you can never lose when you are wearing it.


Cocktails
Every woman has something that makes her feel different the moment she puts it on.  I think the LBD is definitely one of those things for some women.  Depending on your lifestyle you may not get to wear one that often but every woman has one hiding somewhere in her closet just waiting to be worn.  The moment you zip or button the back, the femininity button has been pushed.  Whether you are channeling Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's or Marilyn Monroe in Some Like it Hot, the light is switched on.  All you need is a cocktail in your hand and the perfect lighting because your inner diva has come alive.


Blondes
They say blondes have more fun but I believe you have the most fun in your LBD.  Once you put it on, you are ready for the next event.  As an event planner, the LBD is the best thing ever made.  My responsibilities change throughout the day and in my LBD so can my look.  In the morning, I may have a breakfast meeting.  I will wear my LBD with a cardigan a conservative necklace and a professional shoe.  As the day progresses, I may have happy hour with friends, shed the cardigan and wear a chunky necklace with a funky shoe.  If I end up at dinner, I put on a dressy necklace with a sexy shoe.  The best part is the I like fabulous and my LBD saves the day because it is so versatile.


Why Black
When deciding to blog about the LBD, I wanted to figure out how one simple style could become such a fashion staple. Then I realized I had answered my own question. It is simple beauty. A black dress, is slimming, uncomplicated and takes all of the stress out of fashion. Therefore, it makes it easier to feel beautiful. The black taunts you with its mystery and allures you. Yet, the color calms you while masking all the secrets of a woman and highlighting her classic beauty.

No comments: