Monday, March 30, 2009

Not My Date themed Event - Adventures In Party Planning

As an event planner I am consistently thinking of new themes and fun/interesting ways to bring people together. While you never really need a reason to have a party a great theme makes everything gel. That is why when a group of women came to me with the idea to put together a hip and social networking event, I couldn’t resist.

Generally our team will draw our ideas from wherever we can and for those Sex and the City fans out there, there are lots of great party ideas in every episode. The latest great idea to come from the women of Sex in the City for our group is the “Not My Date” party? What is it you say? Well, it is a party when you bring a date. However, this date isn’t just any date. It is someone you know you consider to be eligible but you yourself are not interested in. I am sure you are asking why anyone would do that. The concept is to provide yet another arena to meet new people and yes, throw a chic party.
This is an idea I have heard of before but Saturday March 28, 2009 was the first time I have been involved in bringing this concept to life. We brought together a group of beautiful successful women and mixed them with a variety of guys for a night of fun.

Held in Laguna Beach, California it was very relaxed environment. There were tea lights, excellent appetizers and the music set the mood. With great views of the beach providing a great opportunity to mingle there were quite a few couples that hit it off. From a University professor, Sports writer and Bio Engineer a lot of different careers were represented. The dress code was simply this, “fabulous”! The drink of the night was Key Lime Martinis and the only thing you were required to bring was your “A” game!

The party was a great success and I am glad I was a part of bringing it to life. I can’t wait for the next opportunity help plan an excellent themed party. The quest to create great events never ends. If you need help planning a creative, successful event, Perfection Squared is the company to call.

No comments: